Old 11-07-2003, 06:11 PM
amanda pope

Default japanese maple - atropurpureum

This sounds like wind damage or could be that you let the plant dry out.
Both will produce the effect you describe.
Not a lot you can do to improve it now. If it is only a few leaves you can
cut them off.

I have heard of people trimming back each leaf to the undamaged bit but I'm
sure this would look odd and the edges would discolour.

Place in a more sheltered position next year.

I have stopped selling these as they are expensive and we do not have the
climate for them in the north of England.
Failing that keep them in the conservatory.

www.arghamvillage.co.uk

Caroline Smith wrote in message
s.com...
The edges of the leaves have turned a lighter colour and are very dry to
the touch. What can I do to restore the maple to looking good again.
It's only 2 feet tall and is in a container.
--
Caroline Smith