Old 11-07-2003, 06:11 PM
amanda pope

Default Stihl FS45 - any thoughts?

I use strimmers on commercial work and Stihl is one of the best makes if
pricey. The straight shaft has less maintenance and will pay for itself. Get
the best you can afford.
The best value for money and my first choice for our contracting equipment
is Johnseerd. much cheaper -just as good.

Ps I use a brushcutter head rather than the strimmer head. costs about 20
more.

And please if you are moving up to the serious machines buy steel toe caped
foot where , ear defenders and full face visor.
There are more serious accidents with these things than anything else.

even the little B&D can cut you badly the bigger motors will have your foot
off.

Be careful.

www.arghamvillage.co.uk

Michael Savage wrote in
message .. .
Hi all

Sorry if this has been covered, couldn't find anything directly relevant

on
Google.

Having just had to return a Black& Decker strimmer to Homebase 3 times

after
the line spolled out too quickly and wrapped around the spindle (and I
couldn't get it out) I've given up on that idea and was going to spend a

bit
more on a petrol job. Had my eye on Stihl FS45 at around £150, but is
another £50 on getting the next model up with straight shaft worth it?

Michael S with grass growing taller