Old 11-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Paul Harvey . . .

Lee, funny you mention this ...

When I was at the store where I buy my fish, a month or 2 ago, we got into
a conversation about growth, people not having the right sized ponds etc...

The store guy told me quite a few people dump their big kois into the nearby
canal. Or the "uglier" ones.

"That's cruel ! Do they survive ? "

"Yup, they do".

"How do you know ?"

"Well, I have a few friends who fish there, and they were quite amazed at
first to pull out a full sized Shusui or Yamabuki. Not exactly native fish
are they.".

Ho hum... :-)

As a side lesson I learned from this: if they can survive in a canal where
people dump oil/poop/stuff/other stuff/even uglier stuff, they must be
really strong critters. Which puts some of us to shame in a way. It may
also be a strong point for "volume" ?

Food for thought.

Theo

"Lee Brouillet" schreef in bericht
. . . just reported that someone caught a 52", 78 lb. carp in the Flint
River. Imagine the fishies you could get it was bred with a jumbo koi!

GBG

--
Lee B.
See my Zone 9 a/b ponds at: