Old 11-07-2003, 11:48 PM
jammer

Default Enlarging my pond, please advise

As far as the color of the liner, i think it will be growing a thin
coat of green anyway, so i'm not sure it would matter.

I could be wrong, of course.

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:52:02 GMT, IceEros
wrote:

I used to be indecisive........now I'm not sure anymore.....
I have turned around and (hopefully) FINALLY decided to go for liner in
one piece. The reason for that is because I've found a source that sell
at factory price, butyl 0.75mm liner with 35 years guarantee. I am
willing to pay their price which is 3 times cheaper than the one found
in any shop. Another reason for going for one piece liner is because
I'm kinda fed up with black liner and the company I found sells liner
in black, green, sky blue and sandstone. Which gives me another
dilema....sandstone or skyblue???????????. I am still waiting for the
samples so (maybe) when I get them may be easier to take my decision.
Skyblue brings the best color in fish(most of shows use blue liner for
koi display) and I am very tempted BUT may look ugly like hell if the
whole garden in context. Sandstone may blend better with the rest of
the garden.....anyway.....i will see.
Regarding your question Sue, I was going to take out the old liner
altogether anyway. Mainly because I am gonna increase the depth of the
pond (now at an average of 2.5ft and i want to go an average of 5ft).
Actually that was my intention in the first place but my gf stopped me
at that time. Four months later, 5 more books red and £800 spent on 4
fishes she has decided to sacrifice half of the garden in favour of
fish. So back to the drawing board ( I meant to the shovel!!!!). From
500 gallon pond to 5000 gallons pond is a big jump. Also a big jump
(read NOSEDIVE) in our bank account as the whole filtration system
needs changed and the new one is gonna cost about £1800. Anyway I have
pics of the garden the way it was 5 months ago, the way is now and as
soon as i'm done I will make a website with all the steps taken.
To all the people who decided to reply to my thread a big thank you.