Old 11-07-2003, 11:48 PM
hugh janus

Default japanese maple - atropurpureum

may not be the problem but ive just discovered my tree (18 inches) was
attacked by scale insects,it had all the symptoms you described,I was about
to dispose of it thinking it was dead but 1 leave has regrown on the trunk
the rest of the branches are bare probably dead, i was advised to drench in
pesticide not quite sure what to do now as it looks very odd any help would
be welcome
"Caroline Smith" wrote in message
s.com...
The edges of the leaves have turned a lighter colour and are very dry to
the touch. What can I do to restore the maple to looking good again.
It's only 2 feet tall and is in a container.
--
Caroline Smith