Old 11-07-2003, 11:49 PM
anne

Default grubs in radish

In my book on the page for radish problems, it's telling me it's cabbage
root fly. Small white maggots approx quarter of an inch long? Anyway,
covering with fine netting or using disks around the base of the plants is
the solution.

"miklol" wrote in message
I have what looks like a fine crop of radish (rudi) untill I cut them open
and they have brown coloured runs in them where a small white grub is
burrowing. There is no outward sign of leaf wilt or discolouring and they
are growing in a raised kitchin garden(like a box on legs) 30 inches high,
in compost. Any ideas what this pest is and how to treat it?