Old 11-07-2003, 07:11 PM
miklol

Default grubs in radish

I have what looks like a fine crop of radish (rudi) untill I cut them open
and they have brown coloured runs in them where a small white grub is
burrowing. There is no outward sign of leaf wilt or discolouring and they
are growing in a raised kitchin garden(like a box on legs) 30 inches high,
in compost. Any ideas what this pest is and how to treat it?

Old 11-07-2003, 11:37 PM
anne

In my book on the page for radish problems, it's telling me it's cabbage
root fly. Small white maggots approx quarter of an inch long? Anyway,
covering with fine netting or using disks around the base of the plants is
the solution.

Old 11-07-2003, 11:49 PM
anne

"miklol" wrote in message
I have what looks like a fine crop of radish (rudi) untill I cut them open
and they have brown coloured runs in them where a small white grub is
burrowing. There is no outward sign of leaf wilt or discolouring and they
are growing in a raised kitchin garden(like a box on legs) 30 inches high,
in compost. Any ideas what this pest is and how to treat it?

How to Kill Grubs/larvae of JuneBugs?? (Dogs eat Grubs) Tom Servo Texas 0 27-03-2004 07:02 AM
Growing radish Sue Gardening 2 15-05-2003 11:08 PM
harvesting radish seeds Tom Elliott Australia 4 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
radish for all seasons John Savage Australia 1 01-04-2003 01:32 PM
Chinese or Japanese Icicle Radish Paul England United Kingdom 4 27-01-2003 02:32 PM