Old 12-07-2003, 02:09 AM
Raleighgirl

Default Identify this vine!

"mgeost" wrote in message
om...
| (Kelly Garner) wrote in message
| Got a vine in my backyard that's all over the place. Kudzu?
Not sure. Can anyone tell from

http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly/gallery/plants/IM000096

| Heart-shaped leaf with ragged edges.
|
| Thanks
| Cheers
| KJ

I think someone already answered... if not, I believe they are
scuppernong vines. Produces non-clustering grapes in the fall.

| If I may offer a trick I successfully used to rid a hedge of
wild
| wisteria.
|
| Take a small container with a narrow top; fill it with Round Up
(or
| other weed killer). Cut the vine fairly close to the the
ground and
| immerse the root end into the Round Up. Secure the vine root
end in
| the weed killer with plastic wrap and set the jar upright and
out of
| the rain.

We had (have) so much wisteria, we found an even easier version.
We took paper towels, soaked them with Round Up, wrapped them
around the stump, wrapped the stump in saran wrap. The whole
stump broke up in 6 months.
Jeny