Old 12-07-2003, 02:20 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Pond Newbie

Jacquard_The_Ripper wrote:
Hi the

I'm new here and thought I should introduce myself. My husband and I
are getting ready to overhaul our backyard, and he really wants a
pond. That's okay with me, so I'd like to hear from any of you that
would like to offer advice to a beginner in Zone 3. We're pretty
handy and avid gardeners. Any sites that have info you recommend
reading? Any things I mustn't forget? We'd like to have fish
eventually (we breed cichlids indoors) and we'd like to have some
water movement or a small waterfall.

Thanks,
Cynthia

Put in the largest pond you can afford. If you don't you'll
be adding another one next year. Also, read all the books
you can put your hands on, Helen Nash's Low-Maintence Water
Garden and The Complete Pond Builder are two good books
-there are many others.
K30a will have a list of sites to visit.

--
Bonnie
NJ