Old 12-07-2003, 02:56 AM
Nedra

Default Pond Newbie

Zone 3?? Plan on bringing your fishies inside! Your
winters are fierce and long. I don't think you'd be happy
knowing your fishies were freezing their tushes off out
in a pond.... no matter how deep you dig.
BTW, I do believe that a 5 foot depth would be as
shallow as I'd go!

Nedra in Missouri

"Jacquard_The_Ripper" wrote in message
Hi the

I'm new here and thought I should introduce myself. My husband and I
are getting ready to overhaul our backyard, and he really wants a
pond. That's okay with me, so I'd like to hear from any of you that
would like to offer advice to a beginner in Zone 3. We're pretty
handy and avid gardeners. Any sites that have info you recommend
reading? Any things I mustn't forget? We'd like to have fish
eventually (we breed cichlids indoors) and we'd like to have some
water movement or a small waterfall.

Thanks,
Cynthia