Old 12-07-2003, 04:20 AM
Tom La Bron

Default bubble eye goldfish

Bonnie,

It is a common misconception that Bubble-eyes are in some way delicate.
Personally, I have never had a bubble deflate. In fact, I breeder I know
actually removes the bubbles from his Bubble-eyes to assist them in
breeding. What is interesting is that he has found the best utensils
remove them is a surgical knife or new razor blades. They are a lot tougher
than most expect. Although if you have six fish in a breeding frenzy, there
is a chance that they will get damaged, which is the reason he removes them.
His breeders are usually about 6 to 8 inches and the bubbles are anywhere
from 3 to 4 inches in diameter.

HTH

Tom L.L.
"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
Tom La Bron wrote:
Muffin,

A friend in California breeds and keeps his bubble-eyed goldfish in

ponds
year 'round. I have bubble-eyes in my pond. The only thing that you

have
to remember is that usually stay mid to bottom in the pond and there

should
be no sharp edges in the swim area. They get a long fine.

HTH

Tom L.L.

"*muffin*" wrote in message

do any of you have these in your pond? ( we are looking for something

else,

besides the plain GOLD fish..)

how delicate are the eye bubbles?
what happens if they break?

Muffin wishes goldfish came in the same colors as koi

Muffin,

I gave incorrect advice and I apologize. I just got done
reading several magazine articles on bubbles eyes in ponds.
Apparently they are an interesting pond pet.

--
Bonnie
NJ