Old 12-07-2003, 05:44 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Pond Newbie

Hi Cynthia,

As so many have suggested, find out how deep it has to be to avoid freezing
solid. Enjoy the books and the addictive hobby. We love our
addiction/ponds.

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
"Jacquard_The_Ripper" wrote in message
Hi the

I'm new here and thought I should introduce myself. My husband and I
are getting ready to overhaul our backyard, and he really wants a
pond. That's okay with me, so I'd like to hear from any of you that
would like to offer advice to a beginner in Zone 3. We're pretty
handy and avid gardeners. Any sites that have info you recommend
reading? Any things I mustn't forget? We'd like to have fish
eventually (we breed cichlids indoors) and we'd like to have some
water movement or a small waterfall.

Thanks,
Cynthia