Old 12-07-2003, 06:08 AM
Lee

Default Loropetalum, 'Pizzazz'

"madgardener" wrote in message

....Sun to partial shade, Average Rain climate, Flowers & Foliage: Plum purple
fringe-like flowers sporadically all year, peaking in spring with azaleas.,
Planting: Keep moist before and after, dig hole 3X width of pot, set root
ball slightly above soil level, loosen soil in base of hole, and mulch area
around ball, Soil well drained acid (no problem there) Average Dimensions
8-10' wide 6-8' tall.......they expect this to be a border shrub???? wow.
I think I have it in the wrong spot, and will move it tomorrow. I am.... in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset 36

Mad, you will love it. When I bought this house it had two as
foundation plantings on the front (east side) between two windows and
the color, sort of burgundy, goes so well with the light grey/dappled
brick and the contrasting green and white lariope and pink Spirea,
etc.. They can be pruned but i like them to sort of spray. (if I can
keep ivan away from them with his clippers!)
I liked them so well I bought five more for the upper terrace to
soften the chain link fence. (I hate chain link fences but in our
little sub-midle class tract that's what is used!) I guess they are OK
but I prefer something a bit more ... you know what I mean. Not cold
grey metal! I am Texas in zone 7 and both the ones on the East side
which is somewhat protected by two large trees and the ones on the
west terrace which is open to afternoon sun seem to be doing well. I
may wish later when they are really matured that I got something
smaller. but I don't think so.

I have been out of pocket for the past several months and we have been
here now for the second summer. my garden is still a bit sad as not
nearly completed as yet. just takes time.

Good to see those of you who have been such loyal rec.gardeners are
still here.
thanks for being here.
Leona