Old 12-07-2003, 07:20 AM
AndWhyNot

Default Stihl FS45 - any thoughts?

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:43:09 +0100, "Michael Savage"
wrote:

Hi all

Sorry if this has been covered, couldn't find anything directly relevant on
Google.

Having just had to return a Black& Decker strimmer to Homebase 3 times after
the line spolled out too quickly and wrapped around the spindle (and I
couldn't get it out) I've given up on that idea and was going to spend a bit
more on a petrol job. Had my eye on Stihl FS45 at around £150, but is
another £50 on getting the next model up with straight shaft worth it?

Michael S with grass growing taller

I am watching this post carefully ........ I have a petrol strimmer
(McCulloch) about £130 at B & Q (then) but have the opposite in that
the feed line DOES NOT pay out, and it's a pain to stop ...take off
the head....pay out more line every 10 mins ...........

Also, in my opinion, line is really only good for grass ........ get
a tough thisle or nettle and it will struggle, whereas a bush cutter
will not.

Our local RSPB reserve has bought a top of the range Stihl (£500 +
mark) bush cutter that I will be (trying out) next week.

Also the Robin make (Fuji Mitzubishi) are supposed to be the bees
knees (good for knocking off bees knees)

Look at
http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/...ERS_294. html