Old 12-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Repeating Decimal

Default What kind of soap can I use on Aphids?

in article , lbbs at
wrote on 7/4/03 7:56 AM:

My plum tree is infested with aphids I sprayed it really good with a soap
insecticide but did not help.
I far as I can tell it's aphids (small green bugs). The tree has lots of
sticky leaves and some webs on the leaves.
What else can I try?

I use Safer soap. It is a potassium soap. Safer and boutique garden stores
charge an exorbitant price for it. I once stocked up on Safer moss killer
which also is based upon potassium soap.

I have also used cheap shampoo obtained at a local 99¢ store. I tried to get
the kind based on ammonium detergent rather than sodium detergent.

Bill