Old 12-07-2003, 10:33 AM
*muffin*

Default Potassium permanganate OT maybe.

anyone watch Tremors last night in sci-fi??

well one guy was poisoning the 'poor' graboid with small amounts of PP. & IT
finally ate him with the guys pockets FULL of the stuff ( which made him
the graboid pretty sick, & they had to make him an antidote).. anyway,,
Bert was nearby when he said the guy went 'down ' in a cloud of purple
*dust* , which meant the stuff was whhoooffff all over!!

now,, from reading on HERE how horrific this stuff is , if you use it
wrong,, (one small amount astray can blind you, or mess up your respiratory
system), they sure didn't have any comments to THAT problem. I figure anyone
nearby , by now, should be in a hospital!!(ok, it was TV),,

I am thinking,,, about all the people who might use the stuff for some
'homemade bombs' , or whatever,, like they alluded to. (after watching the
show) hmmm.

oh, btw, after I had such a problem finding the stuff previously,, I walk
into my feed store, & its on the shelf ( in a pretty BIG container) with all
the other pond stuff( for algae etc).. I read the pkg, & it didn't give any
'real big' warnings about the stuff.

I used this stuff 20 years ago,, & I know I didn't take precautions with
it.. just poured it in a container OUTSIDE to mix it, I'm sure lots of
dust went flyin' around.. even last month , I hadn't read all the hazards
about it, & took a small amount out (with a Popsicle stick) to mix in an
empty water bottle to add to my quarantine tank. I KNOW I wasn't that
careful, as I found when I was wiping up, lots of little purple 'dots' on
the table. #yikes#. PLUS little brown dots on my hands. Now after reading
all the stuff, I'm afraid to open the thing up without a hazmatsuit on! (
which I can readily get from my hubby, since the company he works for has
these things for the guys who paint the bridges........)

ok,,, I know,, rambling, but maybe someone hasn't heard of all the stuff
that can happen (like blindness, etc) with this stuff. When I bought it
from the pond place ,, NO precautions were on the bottle.