Old 12-07-2003, 10:36 AM
martin

Default Balcony gardener seeking advice

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:19:59 +0100, "M0rphix"
wrote:

I grew a grape vine very successfully on a 3rd floor balcony. I also
grew gourds. 30 years after the vine is still growing in the garden of
our house. When we moved we took the vine with us.
--
martin

Incredible! Well theres hope that I can grow something usual beside
flowers and herbs then..I should put my balcony to use while the summer
is still here

I reckon that marrows would grow well judging from the success I had
growing gourds. I also grew daffodils and geraniums.

I think geraniums are a good plant for balconies you see them growing
on balconies and in window boxes all over the Netherlands, Germany and
Austria, they need little attention and can go without water for long
periods. I water the ones on my north facing office window ledge once
every three weeks.
--
martin

____/|