Old 12-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Jerrispond

Default what container to use for lotus

nelumbo necifera 'rosea'

8" deep, 10" wide, 24" long,

rosea is a medium to large lotus....are the leaves on the second one the same
size? I am sure you can get lotus pots where you bought the lotus...or he
can order them for you. A lotus pot is round, and that is very important,
because the tubers wrap around in the pot....they get stuck in corners. A
lotus pot should be not so tall as it is round they are generally about 18 to
24 inches across and a foot deep. I have a couple of them that are 3 feet
across. What were they planted in when you bought them, and are you sure
they need to be divided.....You should never divide a lotus while it has green
leaves on it. You can kill it if it is not dormant Jerri