Old 12-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Ron

Default Goldfish

Urglers,

Last year my granddaughter won a goldfish at a local fete. She put it in
our small pond and this year we bought five more to keep it company.

A heron cleared all the fish from our neighbour's pond (some were quite
large and two disappeared from our pond.

Imagine my surprise when, the other day, I noticed three very small fish
(less that one centimetre in length) in our pond.

Surely goldfish less that 10cms in length could not breed so how did the
tiddlers get here? Could it have been as roe on the herons legs? I look
foreward to seeing them in a year or so's time.

Regards

Ron