Old 12-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Ron

Default Goldfish

Urglers,

Last year my granddaughter won a goldfish at a local fete. She put it in
our small pond and this year we bought five more to keep it company.

A heron cleared all the fish from our neighbour's pond (some were quite
large and two disappeared from our pond.

Imagine my surprise when, the other day, I noticed three very small fish
(less that one centimetre in length) in our pond.

Surely goldfish less that 10cms in length could not breed so how did the
tiddlers get here? Could it have been as roe on the herons legs? I look
foreward to seeing them in a year or so's time.

Regards

Ron

Old 12-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Mike Roscoe

My parents once had a small pond stocked with goldfish. They were dismayed
to find that the fish started to disappear one by one and, as they lived by
a river, they feared a heron might be the culprit. After the last goldfish
vanished, my father decided to drain the pond and found to his surprise, a
young, very chubby pike. How did it get there? All we could assume was that
it was introduced to the pond as an egg in some river weed my parents put in
to aerate the water.

Mike Roscoe
-------------------------
Ron" wrote in a message

Old 12-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Essjay001

Mike Roscoe wrote:
My parents once had a small pond stocked with goldfish. They were
dismayed to find that the fish started to disappear one by one and,
as they lived by a river, they feared a heron might be the culprit.
After the last goldfish vanished, my father decided to drain the pond
and found to his surprise, a young, very chubby pike. How did it get
there? All we could assume was that it was introduced to the pond as
an egg in some river weed my parents put in to aerate the water.

Oh dear what rotten luck! LOL
--
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

Big bumps on some goldfish David Glover Ponds 5 24-03-2003 08:56 PM
Goldfish died Priscilla McCullough Ponds (alternative) 1 11-03-2003 07:12 PM
new 125g natural sunlight goldfish aquarium s g Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 06-03-2003 04:03 AM
Flying Goldfish Ken Ponds 9 18-02-2003 03:51 AM
Goldfish and Koi BenignVanilla Ponds 4 15-02-2003 12:39 AM