Old 12-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Mike Roscoe

Default Goldfish

My parents once had a small pond stocked with goldfish. They were dismayed
to find that the fish started to disappear one by one and, as they lived by
a river, they feared a heron might be the culprit. After the last goldfish
vanished, my father decided to drain the pond and found to his surprise, a
young, very chubby pike. How did it get there? All we could assume was that
it was introduced to the pond as an egg in some river weed my parents put in
to aerate the water.

Mike Roscoe
Ron" wrote in a message

Last year my granddaughter won a goldfish at a local fete. She put it in
our small pond and this year we bought five more to keep it company.
A heron cleared all the fish from our neighbour's pond (some were quite
large and two disappeared from our pond.