Old 12-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Ken Saunders

Default O.T. Senior Citizen gardeners

Kate Morgan wrote in message t...
You will receive or have received a letter concerning future payment of your
State pension.

We had our letter last week and my husband has dealt with it, acting on
advice from our local post office. We very much want to keep our local
P.O. and will do what ever we can to keep it.
I`m sure that your post will help other S.C`s

kate

Hi Ron/Kate....When my neighbour (active age 72) was robbed in
the supermarket I went over to bank and payments by direct debit.Never
looked back. She had just drawn her pension at the post office and
the police said she was spotted and then followed and robbed by two
people, one women pretending to ask for advice and her male companion
who "lifted" her wallet. I now pay for groceries by card and for beer
money get cashbook (max £20 a time).Didn't want to change but had
to.Now I have very little money on me at any one time ( and a
card)Because I transfer money over the internet (it can be done by
visiting branch) there is also minimum money in the bank account. Only
enough for normal spending. The most a robber will get off me is about
£20 and if I am forced to give PIN number ,about £50. Better than a
cosh on the head. My neighbour lost two weeks pen sion for herself and
husband.About £240. ....Regards Ken