Old 12-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Gloria

Default Loropetalum, 'Pizzazz'

I have one of those and I'm in zone 7, NE AL, and mine is gorgeous and has
doubled in size in one year. The evergreen one is definitely the best one,
the leaves are burgundy all year. It is definitely not a border shrub, it
will get 5' x 5'.

Gloria

"madgardener" wrote in message
Hello,
Madgardener here with a question. I have succumbed again.......Squire is
gonna KILL me, but I have brought home yet another bush to cram into the
dwindling spaces. We apparently have gotten in a GEORGOUS bush (a little
dude, that is in a one gallon pot, so it's young) a Loropetalum 'Pizzazz'.
foliage (the foliage alone was the main reason I bought mine as it's a

deep
burgandy) and showy flowers (thats an understatement by the picture of the
flowers on the tag which was another reason I bought this bush). New on

the
market. Screens, foundations, specimens and borders. (well that's a bit
debatable as here's the specs on the plants needs.......
Sun to partial shade, Average Rain climate, Flowers & Foliage: Plum purple
fringe-like flowers sporadically all year, peaking in spring with

azaleas.,
Planting: Keep moist before and after, dig hole 3X width of pot, set root
ball slightly above soil level, loosen soil in base of hole, and mulch

area
around ball, Soil well drained acid (no problem there) Average Dimensions
8-10' wide 6-8' tall.......they expect this to be a border shrub???? wow.
I think I have it in the wrong spot, and will move it tomorrow. I am
seriously thinking of putting it on the eastern corner of the house around
behind the carport, but fear I'd lose it to the north winds, any
suggestions? Anyone (Pam, this means you) have this and think my newly
rezoned Eastern Tennessee climate of now SEVEN could accomodate this

beauty?
I await information.....there is NO hope for me!!! Squire be damned!! I

already have just paths leading thru the side yard and trickling down to

the
overgrown dry woods......lordy the fairies have sorely infected me!

GBSEG
madgardener up on the humid ridge, back in a sticky Fairy Holler,
overlooking hazy English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset 36

---