Old 13-07-2003, 01:10 AM
Howlis

Default Weeds!! Help!

"Barb" wrote in message
.. .
I have loads of weeds sprouting between flagstones and on my paths - due

neglect, I'm afraid, because I couldn't get out and keep it under control.

What's the best method to get rid of them? I've tried spraying some of

them
with Roundup, but they just go horrible and brown. If I pull them up, I
don't get the roots, and they soon come back. I thought of pulling them

up
and then spraying with Roundup ....?

Someone suggested a burner to burn them out? What do you think of this as

solution? (I suppose a little diy gas burner would do the job).

Any ideas would be very gratefully accepted! You can tell I'm not a

*real*
gardener ....

Barb

I use Pathclear which certainly does the job for me. Takes a couple of

days
for weeds to die and go brown. I just leave the dead weeds and they seem

disappear of their own accord (probably blown & washed by weather)

I have an old watering can which I used to mix a load and then use that to
keep topping up a pump action sprayer - seems to be reasonably economical.

It is supposed to last up to 3 months before weeds start growing back again
which is pretty much what I get (i.e. "it does exactly what it says on the
tin")

Pete

I'll second Pete's idea, (using "Pathclear") it's the method I use and have
done for years, once a year is all it takes. If applied in spring you'll
never see a weed again.

H.