Old 13-07-2003, 01:20 AM
Fred

Default Stupid thunderstorms

"John Rutz" wrote in message

Michael Shaffer wrote:
ARg, my whole pond filled with mud last night from those thunderstorms
we had. Now I have to drain the whole thing. I hope my Koi are ok.

This is the main reason that we had to totally redesign our pond about 3
years ago. We had a preform that was at backyard level when a storm hit and
my wife had to chase our fish all over the yard which was flooded about 4
inches deep. Now we have a 1000 gall. above ground cement type pond with
boulders around the outside and a waterfall made of boulders. Top of the
pond is about 20 inches above ground. Makes it pretty easy to use the old
toilet tank valve to control water level also. Fred