Old 11-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Michael Shaffer

Default Stupid thunderstorms

ARg, my whole pond filled with mud last night from those thunderstorms
we had. Now I have to drain the whole thing. I hope my Koi are ok.

Old 11-07-2003, 03:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
ARg, my whole pond filled with mud last night from those thunderstorms
we had. Now I have to drain the whole thing. I hope my Koi are ok.

Mud eh? Can you just let it settle out?

BV.

Old 11-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Sam Hopkins

I know your pain. One of my drainage ditches got jacked and I found my 2000
foot DIRT driveway that goes downhill filling in my pond. It made a 10' X
10' swell of sediment in it.

Old 11-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Nedra

Please don't drain it out. Let it settle out. Koi LOVE
muddy water .... just ask the Japanese who have used
muddy water for centuries to grow out their championship
koi.

Nedra

Old 11-07-2003, 03:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Please don't drain it out. Let it settle out. Koi LOVE
muddy water .... just ask the Japanese who have used
muddy water for centuries to grow out their championship
koi.

I am hurt that you credit the Japanese and not me in the same breath. I am
the god of muddy water.

BV.

Old 11-07-2003, 04:18 PM
John Rutz

--
had one here yesterday afternoon started with at least 90 mph winds
blew water from my biger TT at least 35 ft watered the roses prety

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 11-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Nedra

OH Gosh!! I AM sorry, BV!!!! Of course you can't
know that I was thinking BV the whole time I was typing
Japanese.

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

Old 11-07-2003, 06:10 PM
BenignVanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
news
OH Gosh!! I AM sorry, BV!!!! Of course you can't
know that I was thinking BV the whole time I was typing
Japanese.
snip

Apology accepted. I will cancel the curse I called upon to add minnows
mysteriously to your pond. Please allow 24-72 hours for the spell to clear.

BV.

Old 11-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Nedra

OKay... That is a deal!!

Now to get these darned minnows
out of the pond............... Oppss ... your curse is already
operating!!!!! HeLp .... glulg... glulg... glulg

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
news

Old 11-07-2003, 11:37 PM
John Hines

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

"Nedra" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
Please don't drain it out. Let it settle out. Koi LOVE
muddy water .... just ask the Japanese who have used
muddy water for centuries to grow out their championship
koi.

I am hurt that you credit the Japanese and not me in the same breath. I am
the god of muddy water.

She was being nice, and not mentioning that you have personally been
raising koi for centuries, old man of the mud.

Old 13-07-2003, 01:20 AM
Fred

"John Rutz" wrote in message

Michael Shaffer wrote:
ARg, my whole pond filled with mud last night from those thunderstorms
we had. Now I have to drain the whole thing. I hope my Koi are ok.

This is the main reason that we had to totally redesign our pond about 3
years ago. We had a preform that was at backyard level when a storm hit and
my wife had to chase our fish all over the yard which was flooded about 4
inches deep. Now we have a 1000 gall. above ground cement type pond with
boulders around the outside and a waterfall made of boulders. Top of the
pond is about 20 inches above ground. Makes it pretty easy to use the old
toilet tank valve to control water level also. Fred