Old 13-07-2003, 01:44 PM
M. Osborn

Default Lawn Tractor Questions

I'm getting ready to buy a new lawn tractor for our .6 acre lot in
Charlotte, NC.

Initially, I thought for sure I'd buy a new John Deere L110 at Home Depot
for $1799. It looks like a good unit, and they are advertising their mowing
deck to be better for reducing the grass buildup underneath it. It's a 17.5
HP mower.

Then, I stopped at Sears to see what they had. The salesman there was
touting their DLT 3000 tractors as better than the John Deere units.

A couple of questions he

1. Any opinions on the quality of the Sears DLT 3000 tractors vs. the John
Deere L110?

2. I see the DLT 3000 tractor comes in 3 "flavors"....(a) 25HP B&S V-Twin,
(b) 20HP Kohler Pro, and (c) 16.5HP Honda V-Twin (which also has cruise
control). Oddly enough, the smallest engine (Honda) costs more than the
largest engine (B&S). Any opinions on which of the three is best?

Thanks....