Old 13-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Nina Baltes

Default Epidendrum/Encyclia ID

Hello everyone,

I purchased a plant labeled as "Epidendrum lepifolium" from the
collection of the Herrenhausen botanical Garden here in Hannover,
Germany. I can't seem to find that name anywhere.

The pseudobulbs are about 8 cm (~3") long, and accoridng to someone
who bought one too, the blooms smell like honey around mid-day (I
haven't been able to catch it yet ), and they don't open
completely. I hope someone around here can identify the plant .

Here are some pictures:

flower:

http://www.chaotropic.net/pics/temp/lepifolium.jpg
http://www.chaotropic.net/pics/temp/epi1.jpg
http://www.chaotropic.net/pics/temp/epi2.jpg

entire plant:

http://www.chaotropic.net/temp/epi3.jpg

Oh, and here's what's blooming in Herrenhausen at the moment:
http://www.chaotropic.net/orchideenhaus1.html

Nina
--
C'est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot.
Louis Pasteur