Old 13-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Dave Fouchey

Default Things to be aware of when transplanting Koi?

PH, Temperature differentials, handling methods (Be Gentle you don't
want to scrape off any more fish slime than necessary can lead to skin
infections on the fish), water hardness, salinity (Be surprising how
much salt can be in tap water in coastal areas), chlorine, let the
water age a bit before introducing new fish in the case of refilled or
new ponds..

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 23:38:58 GMT, Michael Shaffer
wrote:

I want to move my koi to another pond, what should I do to make sure
they survive ok? One of them died a couple days ago when I moved them so
I want to be sure this time.

Thanks
Mike

Dave Fouchey, WA4EMR