Old 13-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Kay Easton

Default advice please.

In article , Christopher Sperry
writes
We're going on holiday shortly for two weeks but my pond filter is currently
being stubborn and needs cleaning every few days. I can't decide what to do
with it while we're away:

a. switch the pump off completely
b. leave it on and let it run until it gets completely blocked up
c. put it on a timer to come on for a couple of hours a day

c sounds the best. You might as well get the benefit of the time it will
run, but you don't want it to overheat.

I'd appreciate any advice from people who have experienced a similar dilemma

Also I'm not sure how best to deal with the fish feeding problem.

For indoor fish you can get feeding blocks which dissolve very slowly
and give them food over a weekend or over a week. I presume you can get
the same for pond fish.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: