Old 13-07-2003, 11:23 PM
anne

Default O.T. Senior Citizen gardeners

Definitely a social outing for some. At my local Post Office/newsagent there
is always the same five people waiting in line by at least 8.30am every
Monday chatting away lol. I'm sure they can't be there to beat the rush!

By the way, not quite the same but almost - someone I know had their
benefits book stolen in a house burglary and the theives forged a signature
and managed to cash some money. They were advised to have the money paid in
to the bank from then on.

"David Hill" wrote in message
".......Seeing the l-o-n-g queues outside the PO on pension day makes me
wonder why people do it. It can't be fun and is a waste of our dwindling
lives. ....."

In our community on a Monday morning you will see around 10 to 15 people
Queuing each week by 8.45am
always the same people.
I am sure it is a social thing, just a pity they cant get a cup of
tea/coffee whilst they are waiting.

By 11am there are often 20 or so waiting, and that;s with 2 post offices.
Monday is a day you DON'T pop in for a couple of stamps.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries