Old 13-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Beecrofter

Default salt content of rabbit pellets...

(Robert) wrote in message . com...
I have recently been purchasing bags of rabbit pellets as an organic
fertilizer for both my lawn and plants. I have read a few minor
concerns over the salt content though. The bags I use say anywhere
from .3 to .6% salt. Is this high enough to make an issue of? It seems
to be quite low to me, but I'm hardly an expert on the subject.

Would repeated applications cause a salt buildup or are the levels
equal to naturally occurring salts? Is this a higher salt % than
chemical fertilizers? I would greatly appreciate any info on this, as
I don't want to keep doing it and find out too late that I screwed my
whole yard . Thanks.

Salt leaches out, it depends on your rainfall amounts.
Why not hook up with a rabbit keeper and get some rabbit manure?