Old 13-07-2003, 11:33 PM
hendo2002

Default Hardy Fuschias in pots

I live in N. Lincs and have had many fuschias over the years in pots and
left them outside all year with no problems at all, a good feed and a bit of
fresh compost in the spring and bobs your uncle up they come :-)
"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1fy24yx.1aagbgjzaijp2N%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
Serena Blanchflower wrote:

I've got a couple of permanent pots outside, made from old chimney pots,
which I'm thinking of putting a fuschias in. Will hardy fuschias be OK
in these over the winter or should I get bedding fuschias and either
bring them in each winter or take cuttings? I'm in Hampshire, if that
makes a difference to the likely hood of a fuschia surviving the winter.

Hardys 'should' be OK in pots in the winter although bear in mind that
the roots will be more exposed to frost than if in a well mulched bed..

If in doubt take 'backup cuttings' and overwinter somewhere protected,
or at very least wrap some protection around the pots and/or move to
sheltered position. In general though Hardy types are just that, pretty
tough!-)
//
Jim