Old 14-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] High chlorine levels in water

In a message dated 7/14/2003 4:21:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Hi. The town water supply in my town is heavily chlorinated (you can smell
the chlorine when the hose is turned on). What effect would this have on my
bonsai?

Those who are supposed to know claim that the chlorine used in treating
drinking water dissipates as a gas well before it get to a plant or us, thus the
smell. I think this would be especially true if you use a watering nozzle
that creates a shower effect when watering you trees.
You can also let chlorinated water stand a few hours, that is what you do
for a fish tank.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --