Old 14-07-2003, 03:42 PM
llama mama

Default transplanting sundews & pitcher plants

my sundews, flytraps & pitcher plants are outgrowing the pots they came
in. i'd like to transplant them into a terrarium so i can install a
growlight & keep the humidity up. currently they're on my kitchen
windowsill, which has good light for them but is right over the propane
tank & water heater vent. that can't be good for them.
what soil mix should i use for a terrarium? how deep should it be? once
established in the terrarium should i arrange for a winter dormancy
period? my round leaved sundew (drosera rotundifolia) is the only one
that has ever gone dormant, apparently being more day length sensitive
that the rest of my collection. it just broke dormancy about 3 weeks ago.
is there a group for carniverous plant fans?
lee

--
It is paradoxical that many educators and parents still differentiate
between a time for learning and a time for play without seeing the vital