Old 14-07-2003, 04:26 PM
BenignVanilla

Default New Fish

My bro-in-law has a friend that is moving, and is adopting her fish out, I
guess because she does not trust the new owners. He brought some over for me
yesterday. They were in a bucket and all were gasping. I grabbed a 33 gallon
rubbermaid, and filled it with pond water, and we moved them over. They
immediately relaxed. My water is well aerated, so I assume this was a big
help to them.

I took a few out and examined them. All seemed healthy to the eye. Scales
had nice coloring, and none were missing nor damaged. All fins were intact,
and undamaged. No sins of parasites, nor ich. The gill areas seemed clean
and healthy. I did not peer inside the gills as I was not sure how to do
this safely. The few that he gave me are now in my pond, and swimming
happily. One GF is nearly the size of a football!!! I have never seen a GF
so big. The others have now begun following him around the pond. The Koi
looked p*ssed and are sulking in the corner.

I also got some water lettuce from them. What an awesome looking plant!

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond