Old 14-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Barbara2245

Default annother newbie ? liners, Polyethylene vs EPDM

"Wilson" wrote in message ...
"Megan Wilson" wrote in message
I've been checking out prices for liners (mainly online) and i've noticed
that the polyethylene are usally about half the price of the EPDM, which
means i could build a pond about twice as big... the warranties on both

are
for 20 years, but it seems like people usually buy the EPDM. Has anyone

out
there had experience with the polyethylene liners, or know of any major

cons
to it? obviously i'd like to build the biggest pond i can without having

spend more money, but i also don't want to have to replace the liner later
on. any ideas? thanks!

Megan

Do not go with PVC because it lasted four years for me. I decided to
enlarge the pond and as I took out the PVC liner I saw cracks all
around the top where the sun had hit it. My new liner was pond grade
45 ml EPDM from Water Garden Creations at a very good price and
delivered to the door. Permalon is much lighter but I have not used
it. Good luck.
I bought mine (EPDM) from justliners.com and couldn't be happier....quality
product and cheapest place by far, even cheaper that purchasing it locally.

~Wilson~