Old 14-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Draining pond

Lee Brouillet wrote:
Is it possible to run the water from the kiddie pool through your filter?
That will extend the time you can keep them in the temp. quarters (with the
estabished filter). I would also add aeration and a NET! They *will* jump.
Try to find some way to run your filter on the temp pond; it's the easiest
way. Otherwise, you're in for a world of hurt trying to keep the ammonia and
nitrItes in check.

Good luck, and work as fast as you can.

Lee

Bob wrote in message ...

Due to the heavy rains and the flooding we got from tropical
depression Biil ......I have to drain and refasten the bottom drain
..........ugh...what a bummer.......I bought 10 foot kiddie pool to
put the fish in ....... I think it's about 250 gal............ I have
8 18" koi and 6 small 5" koi does any one know how long I can keep
them in there as it will probably take the better part of two days
before I get the pond ready for them again

thank in advance
Bob

I had a set up trickle tower in the pond so that when I
moved the fish to the kiddie pool (1000 gallons) I also
moved the trickle tower over. It worked quite well in the
kiddie pool for 2 months.

--
Bonnie
NJ