Old 15-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Nana Hoolie

Default ants in lawn

I bought "Raid" Ant-Bait the other day.
Ant didn't like it (ant colony on my lawn, they love root-grassroot; weedroot
instead).
Squirrels liked it, now they (squirrels) attack birds (any kind) whenever birds
are
on my lawn---looks like squirrels are all crack-"cocained".
Squirrels are even angry whenever I go working on my lawn now.
This is not funny thing for me.
Any idea is appreciated.

Joe Zorzin wrote:

In the past few years, I'm noticing more ant nests in lawns in western
Massachusetts. Either I never noticed them before, or they're in an
infestation mode. They make circular nets from 1 to 2 feet in diameter. In
that circle all the grass will die. The nests rise only a little from the
soil level.

Are they a new pest? What species are they, and is there some way to control
them?

--
Joe Zorzin