Old 14-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Joe Zorzin

Default ants in lawn

In the past few years, I'm noticing more ant nests in lawns in western
Massachusetts. Either I never noticed them before, or they're in an
infestation mode. They make circular nets from 1 to 2 feet in diameter. In
that circle all the grass will die. The nests rise only a little from the
soil level.

Are they a new pest? What species are they, and is there some way to control
them?

--
Joe Zorzin

Old 15-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Nana Hoolie

I bought "Raid" Ant-Bait the other day.
Ant didn't like it (ant colony on my lawn, they love root-grassroot; weedroot
instead).
Squirrels liked it, now they (squirrels) attack birds (any kind) whenever birds
are
on my lawn---looks like squirrels are all crack-"cocained".
Squirrels are even angry whenever I go working on my lawn now.
This is not funny thing for me.
Any idea is appreciated.

Old 15-07-2003, 01:12 AM

Nana Hoolie wrote:
I bought "Raid" Ant-Bait the other day.
Ant didn't like it (ant colony on my lawn, they love root-grassroot;
weedroot instead).
Squirrels liked it, now they (squirrels) attack birds (any kind) whenever
birds are
on my lawn---looks like squirrels are all crack-"cocained".
Squirrels are even angry whenever I go working on my lawn now.
This is not funny thing for me.
Any idea is appreciated.

Inject them with atropine, you've organophosphte'd em.

Or they may recover. That bait is usually coated with
honey, so it attracts ants, they actually carry it back
to the nest.

Put out fresh water and some food for the squirrels.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 15-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Die Spammer !!!

have you tried any ant killer yet? Grants Liquid? I love the Grants liquids.
You put it somewhere where they can get to it like in your case on a leaf or
leafs that are on the ground near the hole or holes... youwant the liquid on
something that won't suck the liquid up and I have found out that they do like
fresh liquid better before it starts to dry out. If they like the liquid, they
will be completly dead or gone in a day...

Joe Zorzin wrote:

In the past few years, I'm noticing more ant nests in lawns in western
Massachusetts. Either I never noticed them before, or they're in an
infestation mode. They make circular nets from 1 to 2 feet in diameter. In
that circle all the grass will die. The nests rise only a little from the
soil level.

Are they a new pest? What species are they, and is there some way to control
them?

--
Joe Zorzin

ants,ants, and more ants, AAAARRRRRRGGGG Paul O. Gardening 9 11-08-2008 08:13 PM
Ants in the Lawn Joe Lawns 15 28-04-2004 09:05 PM
ants v Amdro -- ants winning Wayfarer Texas 11 09-04-2003 04:08 PM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 5 29-03-2003 03:32 PM