Old 15-07-2003, 03:42 AM
Robert J. Kolker

Default Do Theories Have to be Testable to be Scientific?

Jeff Utz wrote:

Creationism, chiropractic & homeopathy

Chiropractic (the non nutty kind) is simply mechanical force applied to
the vertebrata to re-allign them. I have used the services of a
chiropractor over the years to do a re-alignment when my 4-th lumbar
vertebrea decides to lean over and press on the nerves.

It is like tuning the mast of a boat. It is applied Newtonian physics
and it works for people like me who have lumbego.

Chiropractic will do nothing to treat cancer or asthma caused by
allergic reactions. No competent chiropractor would claim otherwise.

Bob Kolker