Old 15-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Iris Cohen

Default [IBC] Admin -- just in case you were wondering; a snapshot of the IBC

Italy which probably is the no 1 bonsai country
in Europe at the moment has only three members.

As far as I know, there are bonsai newsgroups in Italian, French, and Spanish.
Probably others we don't hear about. Also, I believe there is at least one UK
newsgroup, which would make sense, because their climate conditions, plant
availability, & other considerations are quite different from ours. And believe
it or not, the language is not the same. I thought I was losing it a few years
ago when some Europeans in another newsgroup insisted on calling Alcis alcis an
elk instead of a moose. When I protested that an elk is Cervis elephas, they
said no. I forget what they call it over there.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)