Old 15-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Jerrispond

Default Baby koi

Jerri, how do you keep the koi from eating your live plants?

Last fall I got a milk crate, and completely filled it....and I mean I stuffed
it in. with anacharis. I then turned it upside down on the bottom of the pond
with a cememt block to hold it there so even the big koi could not move it.
Since it was winter befor the anacharis really got going the koi didn't eat
much, and they couldn't pull it up. This spring I had an area of anacharis
about 3x5 x4 feet high. At this point it is probably 6x8x4 feet. The water
is clear as a bell. The anacharis is all in bloom now and real pretty as it
has made its way to the top of the pond. The koi DO eat all the lilies and
water hyacinths. Jerri