Old 15-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Jerrispond

Default Baby koi

This year I have LOTS of anacharis in the pond, and I can see over half a dozen
baby koi. they look to be an inch or two long. I am really excited over the
coloration of two of them. One is totally black with a red head. One is
blue/grey with several large black spots. I would really like to get rid of
the two big females in the pond...any one got any ideas how to do that? I
think since this is the 3rd year they have spawned and they are about 24 inches
$100 apiece would be more than fair, but I don't know how to do it
Jerri

Old 15-07-2003, 05:12 PM
K30a

Jerri,
Do you happen to know of any pond or koi clubs
in your area? Maybe they could help find a buyer
and help catch the fish.

k30a

Old 15-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Jerrispond

Jerri, how do you keep the koi from eating your live plants?

Last fall I got a milk crate, and completely filled it....and I mean I stuffed
it in. with anacharis. I then turned it upside down on the bottom of the pond
with a cememt block to hold it there so even the big koi could not move it.
Since it was winter befor the anacharis really got going the koi didn't eat
much, and they couldn't pull it up. This spring I had an area of anacharis
about 3x5 x4 feet high. At this point it is probably 6x8x4 feet. The water
is clear as a bell. The anacharis is all in bloom now and real pretty as it
has made its way to the top of the pond. The koi DO eat all the lilies and
water hyacinths. Jerri

Old 16-07-2003, 06:20 AM
infoseeker

Very nice pictures! I like the 'almost black lily'- is that the real name?
What is an anacharis? I saw it listed (I think) in the plants that are
illegall in many states; but i'm sure not in yours! it sounds pretty.

B-

Old 16-07-2003, 06:21 AM
Jerrispond

Very nice pictures! I like the 'almost black lily'- is that the real name?
What is an anacharis? I saw it listed (I think) in the plants that are
illegall in many states; but i'm sure not in yours!

Almost black is the real name of the lily by Perry Slocum Anacharis is an
underwater type of plant....I never heard that it was illegal in any state
Jeri

Old 17-07-2003, 07:12 AM
infoseeker

Someone posted a site where you can check the illegal plants for different
states. i searched back through my saved stuff and I can't find that post.
It might not have been Anacharis, but I thought it was. I'll keep looking,
and if I find it I'll repost.

Thanks for the info the lily!

Old 18-07-2003, 07:52 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

It's illegal to sell in Washington State. ~ jan

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:06:18 -0700, "infoseeker" reply by post thx wrote:

Someone posted a site where you can check the illegal plants for different
states. i searched back through my saved stuff and I can't find that post.
It might not have been Anacharis, but I thought it was. I'll keep looking,
and if I find it I'll repost.

Thanks for the info the lily!

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
Very nice pictures! I like the 'almost black lily'- is that the real

name?
What is an anacharis? I saw it listed (I think) in the plants that are
illegall in many states; but i'm sure not in yours!

Almost black is the real name of the lily by Perry Slocum Anacharis is

an
underwater type of plant....I never heard that it was illegal in any state
Jeri

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
beautiful baby koi.... on catfishfood - some koi/gf mix ~ Windsong ~ Ponds 9 15-11-2003 08:12 PM
? baby koi #2 john rutz Ponds 2 21-07-2003 05:42 PM
Baby koi or goldfish? Sue Alexandre Ponds 2 16-07-2003 06:21 AM
baby koi! matt Ponds 2 18-05-2003 01:56 AM