Old 15-07-2003, 10:17 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Vanda Feeding

Dave,

First of all I hope you ask first before you take her old nylons grin. If
not does she hang you out with the Vandas?

I have heard that the time released fertilizers (osmacote) breaks down very
quickly when it gets hot in the sun. Someone told me not to use in on
seedlings for this reason because it will burn tender young plants (not just
orchids).

Good Growing,
Gene

"Dave" wrote in message
. com...
I make a little bag with time release fertilizer in it, my wife's old

nylons
get a second life. This way they get feed a little each time I water,

have
done for several years and have some very healthy Vanda plants.
"Brian Woodward" wrote in message
OK, so they're air plants basically but will a regular solution of

Chempak
Orchid Fertiliser do, had it a couple of months now and think it needs

some
grub.

Any ideas?

Brian Woodward