Old 16-07-2003, 04:45 AM
Keith F. Lynch

Default Do Theories Have to be Testable to be Scientific?

Steve Harris wrote:
Beware making fun of science fiction as "science fantasy."

Unless of course it contains time machines, FTL drives, force-field
"shields", antigravity, Wesley Crusher, or workable libertarian
utopias. Then it's okay to laugh all you like. g.

I agree with you about libertarian utopias. As do nearly all
libertarians. We don't believe in utopias.

I'm not so sure about time machines. There are several ways they
could exist without creating a paradox.
--
Keith F. Lynch - - http://keithlynch.net/
I always welcome replies to my e-mail, postings, and web pages, but