Old 16-07-2003, 06:20 AM
Sue Alexandre

Default Baby koi or goldfish?

Hi.
I found some fish eggs on one of my plants a few weeks ago, so I took the plant from the big koi and golfish pond and put it in the new, smaller turtle pond. I figured when the goldfish hatched, it would be good food for the turtles. Today I noticed about 10 baby fish (no more than 1/2 long) and all of them are colors (white, yellow, orange) Does this mean they are baby koi instead of baby goldfish? I think I remember reading that goldfish of this size are always black, so if they're already showing colors, can I assume they're koi? If so, I think I better rescue them from the turtle pond and put them back in the koi pond!
Sue