Old 16-07-2003, 07:24 AM
gregpresley

Default Here's MY clematis question....

I'm pretty sure that the decidious kinds NEED a dormant period, which
probably means cooler temps and some dry time. Maybe not necessarily frost,
but consistent temps in the 30s or low 40s. (I think they grow them in SF
for instance, but I'm not sure). The evergreen kinds, like armandii would
probably do better in a frost free location, but again, I'm not sure - they
might need a "resting" period also.
"Tracey" wrote in message
Off the top of my head, I think the warmest Zone for
most clematis is Zone 9...

Bummer. Although, I probably should try and find a
more specific zonal map for Hawaii/Oahu. With the wild
climate variance here, maybe the area I'm in is actually
a 9 instead of a 10. Ya think???

Tracey