Old 16-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Scilla?

In a message dated 7/15/2003 11:21:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I am trying to hunt down info on an accent plant that was sold to a friend
and
I as Scilla.

I have "Scilla violacea [Exotica 3, page 1111) (Liliaceae) (So. Africa)
small suckering bulbous plant with swollen base, attractive because of its
variegated foliage; strap like fleshy leaves olive green with silver blotching and
banding, glossy wine red beneath; small green and blue flowers on slender
racemes: in winter."
I use it as a companion plant for Bonsai.
I don't think it is invasive here in Florida, because I don't think this
variety is cold hardy even to our occasional freeze.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++