Old 16-07-2003, 05:02 PM
David J Bockman

Default Ground Cover for Steep Bank

Your best bet might be to first lay down an erosion control blanket like
Curlex, through which you can then plant your groundcover. The blanket will
stabilize the soil until the roots can spread enough to do the job.

Dave

"DavesVideo" wrote in message
I recently removed an old Deck and am left with a 5' high ugly retaining

wall.
I have been filling it in with shale and then dirt and the final result

will be
a steep bank with about 45 degree slope. If I don't get some sort of root
system there, it will erode badly. Any suggestions for a good quick

growing
ground cover for a steep bank with a fair amount of sun.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave